Highly motivated graduates from qualifying African nations are invited to apply to participate in the German Bundestag Scholarship Program in Berlin, Germany. The award is intended for recent graduates who are eager to learn about the German parliamentary system and actively contribute to the advancement of fundamental democratic values in their home nations.
Participants in the scholarship program will take part in a four-week intensive program where they will learn about the German parliamentary system and decision-making procedures firsthand.
Host Institution(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
- Monthly scholarship of 500 euros.
- Costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Costs of travel to and from Berlin.
German Bundestag Scholarship 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the German Bundestag Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the three participating African countries
- Must be under the age of 30 at the start of the scholarship
- Must have obtained a good university degree
- Must possess a very good knowledge of German
- An interest in politics, social/political commitment.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the German Bundestag Scholarship 2022 are to send their completed online application documents by email as a PDF-file, with the file name consisting of applicant’s surname followed by applicant’s given name (i.e. surname-first name), to the German mission in their home country.
Application should be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (please attach this to the first page of the application form.
- Application form (available at bundestag.de/ips_afrikanisch)
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German.
- Personal statement of reasons for applying (maximum of two pages).
- Copy of passport or ID card.
- Certified copy of university degree certificate.
- Letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university professor or employer, assessing the applicant’s qualification for the programme).
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022