The University of Birmingham’s School of Computer Science is pleased to announce three scholarships, kindly supported by DeepMind, offered to students who have received a conditional or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Eligible students from all across the world are encouraged to apply.
With the help of DeepMind, the University of Birmingham is working to improve access to and diversity in computer science for underrepresented groups.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Birmingham
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Birmingham
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: 3 Scholarships Available
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Developing Countries
Eligibility Criteria | DeepMind Scholarships at University of Birmingham 2022
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship should meet one OR both of the following criteria:
- Identify as female OR Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicity.
Applicants must also:
- Be able to demonstrate that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance.
- Have already received a conditional/unconditional offer to study the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham; and
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and would be classified as UK for fee paying purposes.
The scholarship, valued at £47,680 for international students and valued at £29,860 each for UK students, is applied against:
- International tuition fees – £26,640 / UK tuition fees – £10,620
- A maintenance grant of £15,840 (to use for living costs), paid in instalments over the duration of the course
- Funding of up to £2,000 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or Machine Learning during the course as well as £1,500 towards purchase of essential equipment (suitable laptop etc.).
- £1700 to assist with relocation expenses
How-to-Apply: The interested applicant needs to first apply for a conditional or an unconditional offer of admission before opting in for the scholarship. Applications are now being accepted through the online form. Please only make an application once you have received a conditional/unconditional offer, as you will not be considered until you hold one.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2022.