Scholarships of the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTPS) for International Students are open to international students seeking to complete a higher degree by research at Flinders University.
AGRTPS includes international tuition offset, a living stipend, and health care cover for international students.
NB: For visa purposes, the AGRTPS is a Commonwealth Sponsored Scholarship.
The AGRTPS is only available to a limited number of students each year (up to 5), and the scholarship round is extremely competitive. AGRTPS is awarded to candidates whose work demonstrates an exceptional aptitude for independent research. Academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance are the basis for AGRTPS consideration.
- Host Country: Australia
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship & Monthly Stipends
- Deadline: August 6, 2021
Details on the Scholarship
There is a three-year limit on the duration of the scholarship for research degrees and a two-year limit for research Masters’ degrees.
Criteria for Scholarships
The following qualifications must be met by applicants in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- Students must meet all the University’s academic entry requirements to pursue a Masters’s degree or a Doctorate.
- Applicants are required to have completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Foreign students must meet the English proficiency requirement set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. For students for whom English is a foreign language, they will need to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- You must not hold an equivalent degree by research. Only new students starting a Higher Degree by research in Australia are eligible to apply.
- You cannot hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship. For a complete list of eligibility criteria, please see the attached award condition.
- Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
§ The scholarship’s duration and reward
- These scholarships enable suitable applicants to begin a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- the AGRTPS covers the international student fees charged by Flinders University for research-based higher degree study.
- AGRTPS covers international tuition fees, a living allowance at the rate of $28,594 (2021 rate), which is tax-free and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Insurance.
- AGRTPS students who move to Adelaide from overseas can receive up to $1,485 in establishment allowance to assist with relocation costs and airfares, As long as the receipts Can be supplied by the student.
- All applicants are required to read the application guidelines provided below before applying.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- To ensure your application is complete and competitive, please read and attend to the following:
- Research Supervisor
- You must make contact with an academic staff member and have an informal agreement from that person to supervise you if successful. Email evidence of the supervisor’s agreement should be included with your application. Applicants who do not have a supervisor at the time of application will not be considered for an AGRTPS/FIPRS.
- You must include evidence that you have published; you may include up to five of your publications with your application.
- All publications must be accompanied by a completed cover sheet, Ph.D.; publications without cover sheets will not be considered. We will consider the quality of published research from your area of interest at Flinders University. If you have more than five publications, you should consult your Flinders supervisor about the top five. Briefly explain the reasons behind the choices. Please limit your publications to five. Additional publications can be noted on your CV or a separate list. There is no requirement for cover sheets for publications that are listed on the CV but are not included in the top five.
- In general, only English-language publications should appear in the top five. If it is deemed necessary by the nature of the publication (for instance, a report to a government agency) to publish an article in another language, that publication will be accepted.
- Publications must not be older than five years
- Due to the highly competitive nature of the AGRTPS, applicants who have not published will be unlikely to be Selected.
- Academic Transcripts
- You must provide certified copies of all university-level academic transcripts, translated into English, please do not provide secondary school certificates or non-educational certificates or awards.
- Research Proposal
- You must include a research proposal of approximately 500 words in length, outlining the problem, hypothesis, or question and the methodology or approach.
- Academic Referees
- Complete Section A of two copies of the Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms and forward them to two appropriate referees of your choice. If possible the referees should have an informed, personal and professional knowledge of your academic ability and be able to exercise judgment of your research potential. Indicate on your application form to who the Referee Report forms have been sent to. Academic Referee reports must be returned to email@example.com by 6 August 2021.
- Curriculum Vitae
- An updated CV outlining your work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
- Format & Language
- All documents must be uploaded via the application portal and should be in English. Please save as a PDF and scan and save in the correct orientation. Please name all documents with your family name and document name, for example, name_Transcript, name_publication 1.
§ Method of Application
- To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by Research (Ph.D. or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group.
- If you already have a valid offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you do not need to apply for admission again.
- To apply for admission
- International applicants– apply online via Studylink
- A student ID is created in Student Management shortly after the application is submitted in StudyLink.
- How to apply for The Scholarship
- After completing your application via Studylink, you will receive a welcome email to your nominated email address and will contain your FAN.
- Note that applicants can get their FAN and activate it at https://activate.flinders.edu.au/main.
- You need a FAN to log into the student system to lodge your scholarship application.
- If you studied at Flinders University and graduated more than 12 months ago, you will be required to reactivate your FAN via the FAN reactivation page. Once you have an active FAN, you can submit your application via the Student Information System as explained above.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
SHARE THIS SCHOLARSHIP
- Deadline: August 6, 2021