Murdoch University is pleased to offer a Ph.D. opportunity that explores the relationship between lung microbiome, the lung-gut axis, and cystic fibrosis. Positions available for the 2021/2022 academic year.
This opportunity will be presented to international students with a relevant master’s degree and a strong academic background to pursue a Ph.D. in cystic fibrosis research. A Synergy Grant from the NHMRC will provide this support. The program is also open to domestic students.
Among the top 571–580 global universities, Murdoch University strives to provide inclusive education to everyone regardless of social standing and background and is ranked in the top 571–580 universities by the QS World University Rankings – 2021.
Murdoch University, why study there? Murdoch University strives to achieve two broad objectives: to educate free thinkers who thrive in society and are sought-after by employers; and to provide transformative solutions to world challenges through outstanding translational research and innovative practice. We believe in teaching our students critical thinking skills in all aspects of work, a flexible, free-thinking environment where creativity and innovation work together.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2021
- University or Organization: Murdoch University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $30,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply, including applicants from Australia and other overseas countries.
- Research in Cystic Fibrosis as a Ph.D. program.
- The following criteria must be met by applicants to be eligible:
- Candidates should hold a Murdoch University Ph.D. degree in the relevant field of study.
- Candidates must hold a graduate degree from a biological sciences program, biochemistry program, medical program, analytical chemistry program, or a related program.
- Applicants must be experienced in analytical techniques like mass spectrometry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply to the university using its official online portal and carry out the application process.
- To apply for the position, the applicants need to send their cover letter, a copy of their academic transcript, and an academic CV to [email protected]
- Interviews and proposals for postgraduate courses will be conducted via the Murdoch University’s postgraduate application process for the selected applicants.
- The following documents must be provided by the applicant to the university:
- Qualifications that are equivalent to AQF associate degrees for certificate programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject at AQF level 7 is required for a master’s degree.
- Work experience, professional registration, portfolio submission, and other qualifications may be required, depending on qualification and program requirements.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to thoroughly go through and fulfill the regulations of Murdoch University’s Graduate Research Office.
- To prove English language proficiency, the students must achieve the following scores:
- IELTS – 6.0
- PTE – 50
- TOEFL IBT – 73
Award amounts of $30K per year will be given by Murdoch University to selected applicants for the three years.